Your privacy is critically important to us. At ITeck Solutions LLC (ITeck Solutions, ITeck), we approach privacy with the same integrity and ethics that we approach our overarching mission. This means we manage all information and personal data guided by a few fundamental principles:
- We are intentional about the personal information we ask you to provide and the data that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We securely store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and store your personal information.
- We will never share your information with outside parties without your explicit consent when it’s required to better provide you with the services you need.
- You have the right to access, correct, update, or delete the information we may have about you. We will endeavor to disclose to you any information we have about you, and we will attempt to comply with your request to the best of our capabilities. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
- Who We Are & What This Policy Covers
- Information We Collect & How We Use It
- Sharing Information
- Your Rights & Choices
- Changes to Our Policies
Hello! We are ITeck Solutions, an MSP and consulting firm providing small and medium business clients with the IT and business advice, service, and expertise of an enterprise-level IT department. As an MSP, we focus on business, not just technical, solutions that support the growth and security of our client organizations. Committed to building lasting partnerships and sustainable, scalable, business technology solutions with every client, we prioritize ethics and customer service in all our interactions.
Operating across the Washington, DC Metro Area, including Maryland, Virginia and beyond, ITeck’s typical client has about one server and 25 workstations.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to make our services and your experience better.
We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s review the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples of the information we may collect and why we request said data.
Basic contact information: When you contact us to inquire about our services, either through a form on our website or through other modes, we ask for basic information in order to respond to your inquiry to the best of our abilities. This information is generally limited to:
- Email Address
- Business Address
- Business Name
- Phone Number
Employment Applications: ITeck Solutions asks prospective employees to provide us with information that might include a cover letter, resume or CV, biographical information, contact details, and references. This information is ONLY shared with relevant staff internally.
Events: ITeck asks for your information when registering for our events, conferences, or seminars and events put on in collaboration with our partners. We use this information to register you for said event and to inform you about any relevant event details or changes. We may also use this information to contact you about other events of potential interest. When you submit information using third party forms like Eventbrite or Google Forms, data may be collected by those vendors and processed subject to their terms of service.
Mailing Lists: To sign up for our mailing list, ITeck requests your name, email address and postal code. We also inquire about your job title and organization. We ask for your zipcode and job title in order to ensure that the communications you receive from us are geographically and content appropriate. If you submit your information to be added to our mailing list, we may contact you about our newsletter, updates about products and services, event invitations, and service information. Communications from us will only happen occasionally and our emails will always contain information about how you can unsubscribe.
Communications with us: ITeck welcomes your inquiries, feedback, and correspondence. If you choose to contact us, via our website, social media, or the mail, we will not use the information for any purpose other than to respond to your inquiry or to act on your suggestion or comment. We will not share your information with others except with your permission or upon your request. Any information you provide us via email, social media, or our Contact Us page or Help Desk on our website will be securely stored until it is no longer needed to address any related issues. However, individual employees often retain copies of any correspondence.
Client Information: Information and data about current, lapsed, and prospective clients reflects only what has been explicitly shared with us and is securely stored on our cloud-based servers. ITeck employees only have access to information about current accounts to which they are assigned.
Information We Collect Automatically
Like many websites, ITeck collects information automatically regarding any visits to our website. Our web server generates and retains log files that record information about visitors that connect to our site. In addition, we use Google Universal Analytics and HubSpot Analytics to collect similar information, which helps us better understand how people use our site and create a better user experience. The information collected by this software includes:
- Your device type, brand, and model
- Your operating system
- Your browser type, plugins, and version
- Pages you viewed on our site and time spent on each page
- Referrer type and URL
- Language of your browser
This software also collects IP address information. However, we utilize Google Analytics with IP address masking. This means that Google only receives the first three octets of your IP address (e.g., 100.124.152.100 is logged as 100.124.152.0). At no time is the full IP address stored on Google’s servers and therefore, ITeck’s analytics data will not include your full, individual IP address. Read more about IP Anonymization in Google Analytics.
In addition to the anonymous data collected by Google Analytics, ITeck also records search terms used in searches of our site for analytics purposes. Our site search function is supported by WordPress, an open source Content Management System and we do not log or correlate search term data with IP address or any other information about our visitors.
All data that is collected in individualized log files by our web server is deleted by the web host within 7 days, unless needed to investigate or report a bug or malicious attack. We do not have backup storage of our log files. Aggregated data about visitors to our website – which is not linked back to individual visitors – is maintained indefinitely.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources. For example, third-party services and partners may give us information, like email and mailing addresses for individuals who don’t yet have a relationship with us (but we hope will soon!). We use this information to reach out to prospective customers in addressing inquiries and potentially for marketing purposes such as advertising our Services or upcoming events.
Information Collected by Third Parties on Our Website
Articles and posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Web cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device to help the sites you visit retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymized tracking data to third-party applications like Google Analytics and HubSpot.
ITeck does not buy, sell, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose any information that we collect, except as described in this section or elsewhere in this policy. ITeck does share information about you to third parties in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. Such circumstances could include:
- Legal Requirements ITeck cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be sought by subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other lawful form of legal process. We will comply with lawful requests from government agencies that follow appropriate legal standards and procedures. If we receive a request from a non-governmental entity (such as a civil litigant) for disclosure of information about your activities on our website, we will insist that the requesting party obtain at least a subpoena. If we comply with a non-governmental entity’s disclosure request we will subsequently (unless prohibited by law or court order from doing so) attempt to contact you in order disclose to you the fact that we have disclosed information about you and to tell you what information we have disclosed. Again, we will object to disclosure demands that we believe are improper.
- To Defend Ourselves ITeck may disclose information to a third party if we reasonably believe that our system has been attacked and the information is necessary to describe the attack. We also reserve the right to affirmatively share or to provide to law enforcement evidence of malicious attacks or other unlawful activity or content.
- Service Providers and Contractors ITeck shares information we collect to service providers and contractors that provide administrative services and support for us. While we depend on third parties to support some of our services and operations, we strive to select vendors and contractors who have impeccable ethical standards and strong privacy and security policies. We ensure that all services are contractually prohibited from using that information for their own purposes.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so, like when you request a service provided by one of our partner organizations.
ITeck uses industry-standard security measures to protect the information we collect. An encrypted (Transport Layer Security (TLS)) connection is used throughout the itecksolutions.com website and when you submit inquiries through our web forms, securing your information as it travels across the Internet. For information we automatically collect from site visitors, we employ standard computer and network access control mechanisms to limit access to stored data to our technical staff. Client information and professional contacts made by our staff, and mailing list information are stored in a CRM operated by Microsoft 365. We periodically review, update, and where appropriate, delete information in this CRM.
You have the right to access, correct, update, or delete the information we may have about you. Please contact us to exercise these rights. We will require you to verify your identity with us when making such a request and we will endeavor to disclose to you any information we have about you and comply with your request to the best of our capabilities. DID YOU KNOW? Children under the age of 13 have special protections under law. While our content is appropriate for most audiences, we do not knowingly market our website or other materials to children. If ITeck discovers it inadvertently has information about a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it.
In addition, you have a few specific choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: When engaging with us through our various available channels, you can choose not to provide any optional details. However, please keep in mind that if we are requesting certain information, it is likely because it informs the services we can provide. Not providing such information can impact how we tailor our proposals and services.
If you have any questions, issues, or concerns regarding this policy, please contact ITeck Solutions through our Contact Us page or call (202) 929-1852. We can also be reached at ITeck Solutions LLC, 1020 19th Street NW, Suite 200, Washington DC 20036.