ProActive Care is our unique, cost effective plan that gives our core clients—small and medium businesses—the IT security and services usually reserved for larger companies.
Our engineers come to your site to resolve any technical issues and maintain your technical environment before problems arrive. This service is the equivalent of having your own IT department for a fraction of the cost.
Here’s how ProActive Care works:
- Network Assessment: During this initial step, ITECK Solutions examines and documents your IT network and issues a thorough report on your current network situation. Next, we provide solutions to making your system more efficient and stable while addressing any chronic issues or problems you have encountered with your system.
- Network Stabilization: After determining and reporting the state of your environment, our team will act upon an agreed upon stabilization plan to put your network in stable and working order.
- ProActive Care: ITECK Solutions will assign one of our top consultants to your account. You can count on your personal primary consultant to be at your office on the same day whether you need our weekly, semimonthly, or monthly service plan. Each visit is billed at our lowest rate for your service level.
- On-Call Care: For time-critical tasks and emergencies, we provide an on-call service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at a predetermined service rate.
- Projects: IT project costs will be estimated on an individual project basis.
With ProActive Care, you receive our lowest rates by scheduling our consultants in advance.
According to Gartner Group, a preeminent technology research firm, for every dollar a company spends on planned computer support, it saves two dollars in more costly emergency support and employee productivity. Why?
- Most computer support work can be done on a regularly scheduled basis, avoiding costly emergency service calls.
- Regular support reduces the number of service calls, and often minimizes the length of time for resolution.
- Regular maintenance reduces the need for emergency support, saving money and down time.
- When your network runs better, your employees are more productive.
In short, ProActive Care is the lowest-cost and most convenient way to keep your network up and running.
What We Do On Our Regularly Scheduled Visits
ProActive Care delivers several benefits to our clients at our lowest rate. Depending on your needs, ITECK Solutions strives to be your entire IT department—from helpdesk with first tier support to the functionality of a CIO with budgeting and planning. Your company will benefit from regularly scheduled visits to address all of your IT support needs, regular maintenance to reduce inconvenient down time and costly computer emergencies, and maximized productivity of your technology investment.
Here are the tasks typically performed during our scheduled visits:
Address all pending IT issues and needs upon arrival. On the initial meeting your primary consultant will establish a method such as a helpdesk mailbox where IT service requests may be posted in between ITECK Solutions visits.
PC, Performance, and Data Integrity
Inspect systems that are under-performing or malfunctioning due to improper settings, viruses, corrupt or missing files, faulty equipment, or other issues that, if left unresolved, can cause downtime or data loss.
Remove temporary and other unnecessary files that take up valuable disk space and lead to slow performance.
Maximize your systems’ utilization of the hard disk to maintain peak performance and eliminate the potential for file corruption.
Update anti-virus software and certify effective virus protection on all servers and workstations.
Boost Internet access speed by fine-tuning browser settings to match user Internet needs.
Address printing issues.
Confirm that critical backups occur properly and regularly. Perform regular test restores to ascertain reliability of tape media and backup data.
Reboot important systems (servers, routers, hubs, etc.) to reset memory and assure that all devices will restart properly in case of power failure. (Performed only when task will not interfere in regular business operations.)
Verify the proper functioning of little-used items like floppy and CD drives, which are critical when recovering from computer outages.
Create a “boot” or “emergency repair” disk for all computers to be used in the event of hard disk or other failures.
Install critical updates and security patches for common programs to ensure proper operation. Software manufacturers frequently provide updates at little or no cost. We will identify the appropriate ones for your common software and recommend them for your approval.
Report on systems that are not meeting the criterion needed to function in your business, and determine what would be required to migrate to that standard. With standardization, your businesses may lower computer support costs by reducing the number of disparaging types of hardware and software presently operated.
Update network documentation of your site, and place changes on file for your reference.
Implement and enforce IT security policies commonly considered best practices. Verify that users and administrative passwords are changed on a regular basis. Determine and resolve security weakness both internally and externally.
Review firewall logs, rule bases, and software revision to maintain security and monitor for any possible breaches.
Perform external port scans to confirm Internet security from outside the firewall.
Verify and install security patches on all servers, workstations, routers, switches, and firewalls.
Manage user accounts and e-mail services.
Manage optional network services like DNS and infrastructure.
Monitor network resource utilization such as network drive space.
Move, add or change equipment as needs require.
Anticipate and adapt your system to upcoming variations in your business that may affect your IT infrastructure. These variations may include changing or expanding offices, employee changes, increasing or decreasing use of various computer systems, accessibility needs of your clients or employees, and implementing remote access.